Friday 17 May 2013

A Shameful Story Of My Childhood

I stood there watching as the water poured down into the bath like a waterfall. Steam from the hot water rose from the bathtub and hit the windows which were ice cold from the horrible December weather outside, turning into tiny little water droplets. My mother dipped her hand into the water, testing to see if it was at the right temperature for me to get in. Once she was satisfied that the water as not too hot or too cold for me, she switched the tap off and the room became silent, which was a giant contrast from the loud pounding that the water hitting the bathtub had created. "Okay sweetie, it's ready for you now." She then left the bathroom and closed the door behind me.

I would spend around 10 minutes actually washing. The rest of the time I spent in the bath would be spent playing. I'd play with the rubber ducks and the numerous 'Finding Nemo' toys that I had first, then I would grab the toy crocodile in a shade of dark green and make it munch up the bubbles. The final thing I would do, would grab the cherry secented shampoo that my parents brought especially for me. I'd squirt a rediculously large amount of it into the palm of me hand and then clap my hands together, watching as a long string of soap fell into the water followed by a few bubbles. Once I was told to come out, I would fill the bottle up with water in an attempt to fool my parents into thinking I used less shampoo than I really had. When I got out, I'd flash my parents an adorable, innocent smile so they wouldn't suspect a thing.

3 comments:

  1. This was really nice to read. I like how you added the humour into the story and i often did a similar thing when i was little! Your choice of words is really intresting and has a great affect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you:). It's actually nice to know that I wasn't the only one to have done this.

      Delete
  2. I agree with the comment above - you have made interesting language choices to great effect.

    ReplyDelete